How to make a peppermint candy from paper plates- Such a cute and easy Christmas project that is inexpensive! Decorate your whole house with them.
These peppermints are such a cute and easy craft to do around Christmas! For about $5 you can have 25 peppermints! A perfect inexpensive way to decorate your Christmas tree, house, office or church party!
- Red paper plates
- white paper plates
- Cellophane (you can grab a roll at the dollar store but it’s not super long!)
- ribbon or baker’s twine
You can make lots of these peppermints in lots of sizes. You just need to make sure that the white paper plates and the red paper plates are the same size. So you can buy the 9 inch size of both- and the 12 inch size of both.
How to make Peppermints out of paper plates
You need to cut out either the red plate or the white plate. Just section it in eights- like a pizza and then make each cut wavy in the same direction. Like a really lazy s. I make one that I really like it- and then just use it as a template to cut out the rest. Add a dob of hot glue or tape to the middle and put the cut out piece on top of the solid piece.
Roll out a piece of cellophane. You want it larger on the sides.
Fold up the two sides and tape them to the back. To avoid excess bulk, I don’t make it so the cellophane overlaps on the back. Just a few inches on each side.
Then gather up the sides and tie off with ribbon, twine or thread.
I seriously love these cute paper plate peppermints!
I literally throw them in my tree but think of how cute these would be made into a garland!
I’ve been working up to creating a candy tree for Christmas and I’m so excited to finally put it all together! It’s going to be so darn cute now that I know how to Make a peppermint from paper plates!
How to make a Peppermint Candy from a paper plate
- Package of Red paper plates
- Package of white paper plates (same size)
- string or yarn
- Take one plate and divide it into fourths. Cut out a "wiggly" piece of pie. Make sure to not cut through the middle, keeping it in tact.
- Tape to the a whole plate in the opposite color.
- Roll out a rectangle piece of cellophane and wrap plate. Tape the two sides together.
- Scrunch the two ends together and wrap with yarn. You can add tape to hold it in place.
If you need another cheap and easy craft:
Leave a Reply