a couple weeks ago months. months ago…. (it was weeks when i wrote this..but then i let it sit in my draft box forever seeing how we have moved and i’m no longer in the young woman program in my church (i miss my girls!!!)
so MONTHS ago…. we had a really fun mutual night! (along the themes of household trivia)…we did a beauty night!!
(mutual is girls in our church ages 12-17 that get together once a week for an activity…this post could very easily be adapted to a fun beauty night birthday party!)
we first started with having a hair dresser in the ward come over and show us how to do an easy updo (and it turns out the girls didn’t’ know how to do a FRENCH BRAID! so we tried to cover both.)
then we took a mini quiz….
1. to make puffy eyes go down
2. rub a little hydrogen peroxide on them after brushing your teeth
3. yes!!!! go to this link
4. strips of fabric..roll your hair around and then tie them up
(this picture WILL NOT Rotate and i’m about to lose my mind.)
we also talked about braiding your hair while damp
6. lemons are good for acne…dark spots…(go HERE for more)
7. add a little contact (saline) solution to it
8. stick in cold water…or i’ve heard spraying them with pam (like non-stick spray) works??
9.we talked about using a marker…a sucker or strawberry and this fun koolaid one:
10. the answer…OFTEN! like really clean them out! not just pull out hair!
and i had some of my facebook peeps help out too…
then we made some fun brown sugar rubs….(we used baby jars cause i STILL have a ton of them)
(have you used them before? they make your skin soooooo soft! and these would be GREAT for diy mother’s day gifts! go HERE for the printables)
after that we played the nail polish game
it’s like musical chairs…but with nail polish. music plays (one direction what make you beautiful cause 1d is our favorite) you pass the nail polish. when the music stops whichever color you have in your hand you have to paint a fingernail!!!!
audrey hepburn sure knew what she was talking about!!! It was a fantastically fun girlie night!
for more ideas…i have a young woman’s Pintrest board HERE