Disclosure: I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions shared are 100% my own.
Okay. A. This Minc machine has made my life complete.
and B. Heidi Swapp is the greatest ever. She spoke at Snap blog conference I went to last week…and basically had 400 plus people crying. #truestory.
she also made everyone a personalized work of art!!!
Back to A. I was MEMORIZED by this machine at CHA in January. I literally went by the booth during any down time and just watched it. I love me a good gadget. And this is the BEST gadget!!!
Here is the gist: It takes stuff and turns it amazing!!! You just lay the foil (foil side up) over the ink part. Place in between the plastic sheet (the Minc comes with one) and run it through your Minc machine!
The heat in a Minc machine activates a reaction in the toner that bonds the foil to the surface of the project. To bond the foil to a surface you must use a pre-printed accessory and/or a laser printer. An ink jet printer does not lay down toner and will not work with the Minc. (You can totally print something out on your printer and run it over to your local copy store and copy it (less than 12 cents folks!!)
Then you can peel up the foil for the grand reveal!!!
It has different settings…so you can even do chipboard! (I used it on a 3 for everything I did and it worked GREAT!)
And the foil comes in all these fun colors!!!
I put it in a jar for easy access…cause it’s so pretty!
And the negative space is just as pretty…
AND…(yup…it just keeps getting better and better) you can reuse your the foil and get every square inch! So make sure to get some of these cute little packs that are perfect for all the small space!!!
It’s also super hard to photograph….
it looks almost black in the first photo…and totally gold and shiny in the last! So in case any photos don’t look super amazing and shiny…trust me…in real life they are that..AND MORE!
Some details you will probably ask if I don’t put them here:
- Minc Foil Applicator and Starter Kit MSRP is $149.00 Minc Foil MSRP is $9.99 (foil is 12”x10’) Minc accessories MSRP from $2.99 to $12.99
- Minc Foil Applicator and accessories are available at Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann, as well as locally owned craft stores and online shops and HERE on amazon! (affiliate link)
- The Minc is a fairly light weight and compact. It measures about 19.5” x 5” so it doesn’t take a ton of storage space.
- Minc features:
- Ability to accept a 12” wide sheet
- Four pressure rollers (most laminators have two) to evenly distribute pressure across a 12×12 surface.
- A heating element that covers the entire 12”, as opposed heat focused at the outer edges (also common in every day laminators)
- Adjustable heat settings that allows for foil transfer on sensitive materials like vellum, all the way to more robust chipboard and even thin wood veneer.
I’m so in love with it so much….and the fun accessory packs that go with it are all GORG! I mean they are stinking amazing before you put foil on it…and then the foil just puts if over the top!!!
I made these fun windmills….and added a free printable!
have I convinced you that you NEED a Minc in your life??
good. go buy one! I’ve got so many projects planned!!! You will want to get one to play along with me!
Can I ask what laser printer you use? I haven’t had success with a single minc project. All of mine look like the gold card in the last photo. Thanks!
So–I just use the one at Staples…but the key is to use a smooth paper. It’s not necessarily photo paper but has a very slight sheen to it! Staples has it and could probably point you in the right direction!