paint chip garland

This week, I found myself in charge of activity days for my church (it’s where girls ages 8-12 get together to do stuff) and I was supposed to do an easter craft.

hmm. I love crafts. not the greatest with seasonal ones. but when I saw this paint chip garland on

modern parents messy kids

adore.  I knew we had our craft.

so I went to home depot and totally cruised by the paint chip….all casual like…noticed the paint mixing guy was helping someone else…and I swooped in and started grabbing paint samples like it was a spilled bag of cadbury minis in nov.

made a few eggs to trace

and then I thought….this is supposed to last an hour…I had better find someway to stretch it….

enter penne rigate.

I just layed some out for the girls and they painted them with the watercolors (they get really dark when dry)

then we threw out the paint chips and started tracing and cutting.
then we just threaded our twine noodle, egg, noodle ,egg

and then we got a little silly (bound to happen with 6 crazy girls!)

all done.

hang and enjoy.
(some girls even got creative and wrote happy easter on their garlands!)

thank you to modern parents, messy kids! I’m indebted to you!
I don’t know about you…but I am so loving springy pastely colors. makes me so happy.
(I even did it again yesterday with my son’s preschool class!)

Comments

1. gail@myrepurposedlife.net says:

too cute! love it
    gail

2. Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva says:

That is too cute! Those kiddos sure had fun.
    ~kimberlee

3. Glorinha, Tatiane e Ana Maria. says:

Suas criações são sempre belas e criativas. Parabéns tenha uma otima semana.

4. Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com says:

You guys did a great job! I had to laugh at the image of you lifting paint chips for your church group :) . I added you to my pinterest page of readers that tried the project here:

5. I love it!! I think I am going to do this with the kiddos while they are on Spring Break next week. :)

6. I love this! I'm going to try and do this with my kids for an activity. . .

7. very cute! i wish i knew about this 2 days ago! I just threw away a handful of paint samples. i held on to them thinking i know theres some great project out there in blogland and i just got tired of hanging on to them.

8. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

GREAT kid craft!!! Thanks for sharing here! Gotta love a girl that'll snag paint chips from Home Depot for a church activity! *wink*

9. Megan sure had fun! I think she would like it if you did it every time!!!

10. Tami Marie says:

How fun! Looks like a cute craft. I'm sure my class would love to do something like that. Thanks for sharing.

11. Fern Smith says:

You have made me night! I can't wait to hit the Home Depot!
    ~Fern