fingerprint pendants

(off of one of our summer to do)
I got this great idea from smashedpeasandcarrots
who got this great idea from: the crafty crow
 I think they are just so sweet!
I got some sculpey
(is it pointless to say I got if for 40% off. It’s just kind of a given right?)
I got a pearl color so it has sparkles in it.
rolled it out
took some cookie cutters:
(started with the big hearts…..changed my mind….then decided to do our whole family– two big hearts (adults) three small hearts (our kiddos)
pressed our little fingerprints in and put in a pan to harden in the oven
(just followed the instructions on the package)
oh and I poked holes for the jump ring (before cooking!)
wrote on names and dates
and had to make my own jump rings because my hearts were too fat!
I used a crimp bead and added some beads…and decided that if I wore this is a necklace I would have a backache from carring this weight around.
so I turned it into a little hanging decor for my rearview mirror.
combined all the strings together
glued them together using clear nailpolish
added this hook
I already had an air freshener in my car…
so I cut off the air freshener and used the string to hang my fingerprints
I also thought that these would be so cute as a keychain
or you know those family home evening charts that have the pegs..these would be cute as the name tags for them.
and my kids made one into a keychain for mother’s day
you can read about it HERE
and i just did a silver bracelet knockoff~ go HERE

Comments

1. These are such a gorgeous idea! I'm adding to my holiday to do with the kids list!

Popped over from Sweet Charli…

2. Christy says:

Oh my goodness!!! I love this so much! I'm doing this with my niece when she comes back into town as a gift for the family! Thanks for sharing this precious idea!

3. So cute! I need to add this to my to-do list!

4. Precious! I saw some jewelry once with fingeprints and it was about an arm and a leg, so this is much more my style!!! I will be making these! Thanks for sharing!

5. Well how stinkin' cute is that!!! WAY!

6. The Watermelon Tree says:

Those are so cute!! That would be a good idea for Christmas ornaments too!!

7. I've seen (and lusted after) some fingerprint hearts on etsy and never thought to try to DIY a set. Thanks so much for the idea! Yours looks great!!

8. such a cute idea!!!

9. jennjp0518 says:

I love this idea!!! :)

10. What a cute idea!
    Thanks for linking up and sharing!

11. Fantastic – thanks for sharing your instructions.

12. This is lovely, thank you for sharing. I love what you turned them into!

13. Theresa says:

How darling!!! Thanks for sharing! Great tutorial!

14. this is SOOO GOOD. YES, SO GOOD IN FACT THAT i HOPE you'll get yourself a link from our blog to this tutorial by using our DIY / Craft Tutorial Linky Party.

We've only just begon this series, but it's going to be every Wednesday, from now on.

We'll leave the first (few) linky party open for a weeek, till all the good tutorial writers/creative talents know where to go EVERY WEDNESDAY.

btw if you hop over to the blog today, you can put your name in the hat for a $50 lisa leonard jewelry gift certificate. Who knows…maybe you'll win. Her jewels are gorgeous and unique to you, the wearer as they are all customized.

15. this is SOOO GOOD. YES, SO GOOD IN FACT THAT i HOPE you'll get yourself a link from our blog to this tutorial by using our DIY / Craft Tutorial Linky Party.

16. This is so precious! What a great gift this would make! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

17. These are adorable! I love all your creative ideas.

Laura @ alomg for the ride

18. Ron Cooper says:

I’m already your Friday follower, but wanted to say hi!

My latest postings are, “Springtime Beauty,” “The Power,” “The Triumphant Heart,” “Pure Love,” “Peace of Mind,” and “Simple Gesture.”

Ron

19. Christin@Pregnant with power tools says:

I've tried this before, but it did not turn out oh so gorgeous as yours – I'll have to try again!
    New follower from Follow Me Friday :)

20. So.Doing.This!

21. Kimberlee says:

I love this idea!

Found you through Feature Yourself Friday, new follower

Kimberlee, from http://www.TheSpunkyDiva.blogspot.com

22. Omigosh this is so fabulous!!!

23. Neccie's Creations says:

this is adorable and so cute. Very creative to make it into a rearview mirror decoration. I am following you from Follow me Friday.

Check me out at:

24. Erin @ Crafts and Sutch says:

These are precious! I love smashedpeasandcarrots! :) She is awesome! Thanks for reminding me of this super sweet project!

Erin :)

25. Holy cow that's super cute! Great idea!!

26. Jennifer @ The Toy Box Years says:

So Sculpy is the key! Adding this to my list now! (Of course!)

Just wanted to let you know that I mentioned your blog in my post today. I finally completed my terra cotta pot "gumball machine" and gave you credit galore!! Hope you'll come by to see it!

27. Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

Laura @ along for the ride

28. Simply adorable! Love this! They look perfect hanging from your rear view! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

29. Hi Kimbo! I'll be featuring your pendants tomorrow. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks again for linking up to The Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

30. This is such a cute idea and I think it adds great emotional bondage to your family.

31. Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy says:

This is SOOOO cute! I've been seeing Finger print stuff around and trying to think of a cute way to make some! Very nice!

32. MeenyMoe says:

Love this idea! Would make great grandparent gifts! – Karen

33. What a very cute idea! So many cute things you could do with this!

34. So super cute!

35. That's Beeutiful says:

This is adorable! Going on my to-do list!

36. Nifty! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

37. Jen @ ParentsOnlyZone.com says:

This is such a fantastic idea! I am going to adapt this to make a keychain for my husband for Father's Day.

Thanks so much for sharing!

~ Jennifer

38. I love these! They would make adorable tiny Christmas ornaments too!

39. sportzmom says:

I love this. I am getting ready to do a craft camp and we are definitely going to make these. Awesome idea. I am thinking of using them in a wind chime. Thanks for sharing!

40. Cassie Patel says:

I did this last year with my boys and we made it into a mobil for our sunporch. It makes me smile everytime I see it! It is such a great project to do with kids. I love how you hung yours in the car. What a great way to enjoy it even more!

41. ok, that is soo darn cute! i would love to make one of these!! thanks so much for sharing this fabulous idea :)

42. i wanted to let you knnow i featured your craft today- i love it – thanks so much for sharing – Jamee from jameehomemaker.blogspot.com

43. Sarah @ Hennessey House says:

this is too sweet! thanks for sharing the project :)

44. mommy2luke2008 says:

I saw this idea on Smashed Peas and Carrots too! But when I saw yours, my heart skipped a beat when you turned them in to decorations for your rear view mirror!! Love it!! I featured these on my friday favorites!

45. brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess says:

what a cute idea! i love it!!

46. Madeline says:

I've never heard of Sculpy! I pretty much live in Michael's!

47. I absolutely love how this turned out – so very, very precious…

48. Amy Bowman says:

love this and gonna do it! when i do i will for sure link back to YOU! THANKS FOR LINKING UP to "AP Tuesdays @ New Nostalgia~~oh, and I featured you again:)

49. I chose this project as one of my favorites from last week's Mad Skills party, so I will be featuring it today!

madincrafts.blogspot.com

50. DigiMom says:

Love this! What a great idea and super cute craft and keepsake. :)

DigiMom

51. Thank you for contributing this to http://www.FineCraftGuild.com's DIY Tutorial Linky Party.

It's beautiful and well presented.
    And just the perfect summer craft!

If you have a new & equally wonderful tutorial you wish to share with us this week, come on over. We just opened a new linky party for this week's greatest talented artisans out there! (and you are one of them ;-0)

52. Thank you for contributing this to http://www.FineCraftGuild.com's DIY Tutorial Linky Party.

It's beautiful and well presented.
    And just the perfect summer craft!

53. These are just awesome!

54. Excellent collections. I like everything above.

55. Kimberly says:

How hot does the oven need to be and for how long? It doesn't say on the package

56. LOVE this. I did these with my daycare kids as a mother's day gift. Thanks!
    tricia

57. Kylie Anderson says:

This is so lovely, fingerprint jewellery is so beautiful.

58. This is great. I’m looking for something to occupy my little cousins and they love making things for their parents & my mom & dad!

59. This is a great idea. I think it would be a fun thing to do for my daughter and her family. Thanks for sharing.

60. I love the idea! Thanks for sharing. I featured your project on my Weekend DIY http://craftsmitherz.blogspot.de/2013/11/weekend-diy-keychains.html

61. Lea in GA says:

I made these with my toddler class as a gift for moms at our Mother’s Tea. I hot glued pin backs to them and included a poem about tiny fingerprints. It was a huge success. Thank you for sharing such an adorable idea.

1. [...] photobook, the classic popsicle stick frame, reasons I love mommy jar, Celery art, fingerprint pendants, flower [...]

2. [...] Get some clay and round up some little hands for these fingerprint necklaces. [...]

3. [...] I just LOVE this idea from A Girl and a Glue Gun – fingerprint pendants, so that you always carry a little piece of them with [...]

4. [...] A Girl and A Glue Gun – Fingerprint Pendants [...]