I don’ t know why i have such an obsession with first aid kits…but i have 5.
This one is in my car (made from an Ikea box)
(go here for tutorial)
one in my camping stuff (It is just store bought) you can find it in the camping section but it is camping specific and has bug bite stuff and glow sticks and sunscreen and matches and those hot hands warmers. (kinda first aid kit/survival)
one “travel size” that goes in my purse..(it has a hair thing in it…cause it’s THAT important!) (would be great for a kids backpack…you can put chapstick, bandaids, alchohol wipes, hair stuff, eye drops, gum…)
made out of an altoids tin
a first aid box…that holds my medicine (and aloe, and inhaler, and thermometer and all that kind of stuff)
and then just the regular first aid kit…
my mom gave us all a first aid kit as presents…and it’s so nice to have. It’s a bag that is just large ziploc bags sewed in.
I’m not sure who put them in..or if you can buy them this way. but it is easily done. just unpick the stitching and put the bottom of the bags in and sew it back up.
and then i snapped some pictures of my mom’s–cause it’s so great….it’s a tackle box
(i also added the vinyl. the font is american captain!)
you open it up
and pull up the top part and its a treasure trove of home safety! all easily seen and accessible!!!
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 blanket (space blanket)
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages
- First aid instruction booklet
but you can totally customize it to your family! (this site has a lot of great ideas) I personally love having chapstick in mine…and hair bands, safety pins, tweezers (with magnifying glass), we always need eye drops, and needle and thread. it’s just nice to know when i grab it I’ve got stuff to help in whatever situation i find myself. although the three reasons i usually grab it is
A. bleeding knee from falling on bike
B. Sliver and
C. someone has something in their eye and needs eye drops.
Our church has a couple programs for the youth (like scouts) and Having the kids put together a first aid kit would be awesome for it! you could talk about why you need each thing…and what situation you would use it in!!!!
and i totally love this sewed version from positively splendid! (it would be AWESOME For a backpack!!!)
i also totally love this car safety kit!
do you have a first aid kit???