princess bags

so here’s the real reason my daughter is having a princess party….

i really just wanted to make these princess bags (inspired by THIS pinterest pin… read the description i put…) as the party favor for the 8 little girls….

AND cause i’m  lazy awesome i did all with hot glue. I was sitting there wondering how i would sew on the trim without ruining it…and thought…let’s just hot glue the crap out of it….so for those of you who don’t sew..you may gravel at my feet….(and yes i met gravel not grovel)

i went to three dollar stores and found a few bags…then end up getting the blue, pink and purple from walmart (for a dollar too….) (and found THIS great etsy shop that sells them for a great price if i would have planned ahead.)

then i hit up joanns (when the tulle was all 50% off) and bought all the colors…(i got a yard per purse..(but if you want it fluffier you can buy more).but i put a purple and a light purple on rapunzel and they didn’t have a bright green tulle for ariel and so i end up getting fabric for hers…)

and bought some trims….so dollar bag 75 cents for tulle, and about 1.50 for trims (i got two bags out of each spool…) which makes each bag about $3.25….(right? i did that math in my head so that might not be right)

i layed out the tulle and folded it up into thirds (or whatever size fits the bag)

then i just lay a strip of hot glue (about three inches) and layed down the tulle and scrunched it together…

(it’s just like the way i make ruffles with my hot glue gun–you can go HERE for a video!)

then i just hot glued the trim on…

and done!

they are super fun…and super easy…my daughter literally kept switching which one she wanted….she ended up with the belle one!

or….
my daughter isn’t a fan of princess and the frog…the mean guy really scares her..so we went with tinker bell…

tomorrow i will show you how what i stuck inside and how the girls won them…..

Kimbo

Comments

1. What a cute idea! You did a great job, and I'm sure all the girls will love them!

2. This is honestly one of the more adorable things I've ever seen! Such a good idea! Love it :)

3. These turned out so cute! I love the snow white bag and the ariel bag, so fun! I have these pinned too, I just haven't had an opportunity to make them.

4. I've seen that same pin that inspired them. I totally love yours too! I wanted my girl to have a princess party so I could attempt to make some, but she changed her mind and wanted Jake and the Neverland Pirates instead. lol. Great job on them!

5. These bags are adorable! And so true to each of the princess's styles too. Any little girl would go nuts over these! Great job. :)

6. I love these! oh the possibilities Thanks for the tutorial

7. this is the CUTEST idea i've ever seen!!

8. Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} says:

These are amazing. That is all.

9. Jayme Smith says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

10. Jayme Smith says:

So Cute!!.. makes me want to have a little girl…

11. Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes says:

Totally adorable. Totally. and I'm also very very frustrated that I didn't hear about the bags you found before I started going to freaking hob lob with a coupon in hand and still spending more.

That's how it goes, I guess.

12. These are beautiful, I would like to make some bigger ones for myself.

13. I totally pinned something similar to your inspiration but it was just a Snow White bag. I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make it but now I want to make all the Princesses!

14. Terri @ A Creative Princess says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! My 4 year old granddaughter is going to love these! All of them. Adorable, Kim!

15. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

Oooh!!! I love these!!! What a great party favor! So cute!!

16. Lauras Crafty Life says:

I love these! I saw these on Pinterest, too. Actually on one of your boards in fact. Adorable! I am hoping in one of the upcoming years my daughter will want a Disney princess party. :)

17. Okay these are just so much fun. Great idea.

18. Wow these would be great to make as favors for a little girls Princess bday party:) Awesome job!

19. What a great idea..so cute!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

20. Perfect timing for my soon to be five year old girl. Thank you for a great, simple tutorial, as well. I might make ballerina bags. Hmmm, the ideas are endless.

21. What section were the bags in at Walmart?

22. they were in the party section…two aisles from the pinatas and crepe paper and all the themed party plates!!!! they actually have cupcakes on them…..but the tulle covered it up!

23. Great thanks!!

24. Just pinned it! Great and simple!

25. Hi Kim! I'm a new reader to your blog and I love this post! You've inspired to start using my glue gun more :D And stock up on fancy trims and fabrics too!

26. You are so funny. I laughed when I saw your comment on Google+ on the Snow White I made… little did I know you actually were going to make a ton of these. They turned out fabulous.

27. Such a cute idea. I am sure the girls will love them! P.S. – I love your little diddy about mean comments. You are too funny!

28. Shannah @ Just Us Four says:

These bags are adorable! I love them.
    Would you consider linking up to my Pinworthy Projects Linky Party over at Just Us Four?

29. yes! they are about 6 inches…and the yellow were 2 for a dollar. the big ones i got at walmart and are about 9ish inches!

30. Heather says:

So, o.k. I lOVE these bags… and I WANNA MAKE THEM… but HOW BIG ARE THEY? Are they the ones that are around 5-6 inches long and wide? You don't have any pictures of the kids holding them (and I looked) so I can't figure it out! ARRGG!! :) I think I found the same ones at a Dollar Tree store (they come in a pack of 3 for $1)… is that it? I hope it is… thanks for answering!

31. Heather says:

YAY! Thanks for a the details on the bags… now I have to 'go and hunt them down!' Yippy! I lLOVE collecting 'Crafty Crap'!!

32. i would probably go with a salmon pink and a purple tulle with a blue embellishment….but that's just me!

33. Amanda Sanders says:

These are great!! What colours would you suggest if I wanted to try and make one for Mulan? My sister said she'd really like one but I'm having a hard time picking the colours!

34. Jessica Ambrose says:

These are super cute! I am having a princess tea party next month for my kindergartener and I may have to try these :) Found you on Pinterest. I'm over at http://www.theredheadedprincess.com

35. mommyofthree says:

These bags are the CUTEST! My 3 YO princess loving daughter would adore these!

36. i like very very much yours bags!!
    i will pin it…

37. Yvonne Seckinger says:

Try using this awesome product in place of hot glue.
    Sealah No Sew Adhesive Tape! Its great

38. Yvonne Seckinger says:

Try using this awesome product in place of hot glue.
    Sealah No Sew Adhesive Tape! Its great

39. I have the same bags, tulle, and a hot glue gun. All I need is trim! I think I'll make a couple for our visit to Disney this weekend!

40. You inspired me! After finding some supplies on sale at michael’s and finding dollar store goodies, I made my cutie an aurora and Ariel bag. ADORABLE! I, too, am a non sewer, so hot glue rocked it! Loved how they turned out… Maybe even more than my cutie did!!!!

41. Adorable! I wonder if my granddaughters, 9 and 7, think they’re “too big” for princesses. Hmmmm……. I’m going to show them and find out! I’m wishing I’d seen your blog post a few years ago!! (Even tho it’s just over a year old!)

42. Thank you for this post and the others about your daughter’s princess party. Inspired by your post, I made princess bags for our guests and we played musical chairs to decide which bag each girl received. The girls had a blast!

43. i have been so obsessed with these ever since i first found your posts. i absolutely love them!! i went and bought the tulle and went everywhere trying to find the colored bags but finally rounded some up. tonight i made the snow white one and when i glued down the tulle and tried to scrunch it, it burned my fingers so bad and just got everywhere :-( do you have any suggestions??

1. [...] uma lembrancinha divertida! Vi no site A girl and a glue gun que usando cola quente, fita vermelha e tule azul, dá para fazer uma bolsinha que lembra o vestido [...]