Need some fun things to buy for your crafty kid? I put together a totally fun list of great things we love in to create with!
My daughter loves to craft! So each year she gets lots of fun crafts supplies and kits! I thought I would share some of our very favorites to help get the creative juices flowing! If you are looking for fun activities to do- check out our kids craft camp!
This post contains affiliate links.
Let’s start with fun craft supplies! These are all great things to have in an art kit!
- Frosted Crayola Markers for windows
- Watercolor set
- Fiskar Scissors
- Sand art Mandalas
- Glue- There are so many fun types that are perfect for SLIME!
- Shrink paper (or this bundle has all the fun supplies!)
- Model Magic
- sun paper
- embroidery floss (make friendship bracelets)
- scratch art
- Coloring bags with fabric markers
It’s always fun to include some fun things to use the supplies on! My kids LOVE getting new blank sketch books!
- Blank Notebooks (you decorate the outside)
- Sketch Books
- Blank Canvas
- Blank shirts with puff paint or fabric markers
- We love these Sticker Coloring books!
- This version is great for little kids
- Hand lettering Book(great for kids AND adults!)
- Origami! This book comes with paper and dvd to watch!
- Twirled paper is a fun craft to try!
- Drawing prompts! This is a fun one to buy- or you can DIY your own!
- and any fun How to draw books! There are lots out there. If you are kiddos love cats- there is a cat one. If you have a kid that loves cars- how to draw cars! Something for everyone!
- Extreme Dot to Dot
These are all books we have purchased! Fun sticker activities, drawing prompts and lettering books! If you love books as much as we do-Check out Klutz books! We have lots of these- airplane making, lego, and knots!
Christmas themed art projects
In case you are looking for fun craft kits that are holiday themed:
- Color your own nativity
- Glitter art snowflakes
- Christmas Stickers
- Embroidery snowflakes
- Scratch Magic
- Sand art nativity
- Gingerbread house
- Color a tree luminary
- fingerprint ornaments
There are lots of great kits out there that have everything you need!
We have done about 5 of these (my daughter requests them every birthday!) They are here on mindware!
We love kiwi Crate. You can do a subscription that comes month or just a one time buy. you can pick doodle crate, tinker crate- you can pick age range. It comes with everything except basics you already have one hand! My daughter looked forward to her crate every month!
DIY your own!
I do have a very specific craft kits that tell you exactly what to buy with a printable that links to the craft! Grab glue, salt, watercolor and paper and you have all th makings for salt art craft! Head here to see the details! It would make a perfect gift idea!
I did make up a generic printable if you want to put together some fun things to buy for your crafty kid- put them in a fun basket with some paint brushes, stickers, stamps, coloring markers and some of the fun things I listed above!
Grab the printable below!