lacing cards–kids crafts

My sister made by daughter these for Christmas….and they are so cute…and so easy…and will hopefully entertain your kids a little bit during spring break

(speaking of SPRING break…woke up to snow. awesome.)

just some clip art laminated…I have this laminator and LOVE it!  (and if you don’ t have a laminator…you can use packing tape..that always works for me!)
punch some holes all around..
take a shoelace…string..ribbon..what have you..
and lace it up…
(this one is a church set…which is exactly where we use it at! my daughter loves it!)
and she even made a little carrying case to tote it around.
edited to add: loads of people wanted to know where i got the cute clipart….
well..it’s from a book.
that you have to buy (read the comments!)
found so many cute ones that would work!

Comments

1. Whitney @ Diary of A Preppy Mom says:

I LOVED lacing cards as a little girl! What a great idea! 🙂

2. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

So cute!!! And a great idea for keeping busy during Sacrament meeting! While she can still listen of course. 😉

3. I love these! Any suggestions on where to find this series of clip art? It's adorable.

4. emily @morefromthemoorefamily says:

Neat and great idea!! Clear contact paper also works well for laminating. Not sure if the deal is still on, but Hancock Fabrics had a sale on their 3M laminators for $30, with a $15 rebate. Making them super cheap! I also got laminating sheets at Sam's Club for $20 for 200!!!

5. How fun! I need to make those for church. We could use some new ideas during sacrament meeting.

6. Add me to the list of people wondering where the darling pictures came from. I used to love lacing cards. I wonder if you could just mount pictures from the Friend on cardstock and use those… hmmm… maybe an experiment is in order?

7. So cute! I'm with the other commenters, where did you get the clipart? So fun!!

8. Cute clipart! What a fun gift to give a little one. Lacing cards a great way for kids to practice their fine motor skills, while having fun! Great post.
    Shauna

9. sisters4saymoreismore says:

oh my gosh so CUTE! my girls would LOVE to do this during church!

~selina

10. thank you laural…I was trying to google the clipart to see where she got it…and ALMOST opened a virus…so needless to say.. I quit!!!!!

11. The Heki Family says:

Thanks for the idea! I love the idea of making your own. I wish I had a color printer but maybe I can borrow my sisters. I am definitely going to make these. 🙂

12. Just wondering- where did you get your clipart? LOVE this idea!

13. famr_4evr says:

Do much fun! Where did she get the clip art? Was it some she had on cd? Or did she just find it online?

14. lauralquinton says:

The clipart is from a cd that can be bought at an LDS bookstore. It's called LDS Creations by Stacie Bunton.

15. natalieandersen07 says:

This is so cute I just bought a laminater at walmart for $25 and I love it…so much cheaper than going to an office store. I've been getting things together and making a quiet book for my two kids and this would be a great addition. Thanks for sharing!

16. Loved this idea & what a nice sister to make them for you. I featured it on my newest post….Top 25 LDS General Conference Ideas http://www.city2country.com/top-25-conference-ideas-activities/

17. Thanks for this idea! I am a nursery leader in our ward, and I’m totally making these for the kids in our classes!
    Cami recently posted…What NOT to do when flying with a baby…My Profile

1. […] 18. Lacing Cards By: A Girl & A Glue gun These will be good for anytime & make a easy […]